Seriously Chewy Bagels, a Simple 60-Minute Recipe.
You can cook Seriously Chewy Bagels, a Simple 60-Minute Recipe using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seriously Chewy Bagels, a Simple 60-Minute Recipe
- It’s 15 grams of dried Dried yomogi (Japanese mugwort).
- You need 300 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 5 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 13 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of Salt.
- It’s 180 ml of Milk (warm to the touch).
- Prepare 1 of Hot water (for boiling).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Honey or sugar ★ for kettling.
Seriously Chewy Bagels, a Simple 60-Minute Recipe step by step
- Rehydrate the dried yomogi in hot water..
- Drain the water thoroughly like shown in the photo. Add to the rest of the ingredients during the kneading process..
- Mix in all of the ingredients, and thoroughly knead. Do so until the point where it feels like the amount of water feels a little low..
- Divide into 6-8 equal portions and roll up, cover with a damp cloth, and bench for 5 minutes..
- Shape them, set each piece in top of a baking sheet, and proof for 20 minutes. Boil the water and preheat the oven to 220°C while waiting..
- Boil the dough in water that has sugar or honey added to it (for about 30 seconds apiece), place into the oven directly after boiling, and bake for 15 minutes..
- They’re done! The fragrance of the yomogi is really nice!.